My Music Chart: APRIL 2017

After a couple of months of preparing and some particular Excel geekery on my part, I can finally reveal a new feature for the blog. Music is a massive part of my life so I wanted to share what I have been listening to. iTunes has a perfectly good play count system in place but I was always curious to see what I have been listening to the most in any given time period and this is something that iTunes doesn't do so well. Essentially, I extract the data for the entire library and drop it into a spreadsheet that I built which then compares it to a previous extract - in this case, the previous months extract. From there it then calculates the Top 20 tracks that I have listened to for that time period and where that stacks up against the previous Top 20. I told you it was geeky but hey, I was bored, I had some spare time and I wanted to see if it would work. It did!

One point of interest was that the play counts across a single month seemed a little low however I should note that I have just over 17,000 tracks on my iTunes and I listen to music for a minimum of 3 hours a day (it makes the commute less painful I tell you!) so to get this many plays across the handful of songs is still quite cool.


So without further ado, here is my music chart for April 2017. A big feature this month obviously came from the release of the new Steps album Tears On The Dancefloor which features heavily in the Top 20. Considering the album wasn't released until April 21st it had a big impact - I had it on repeat a little bit hahaha. It will be interesting to see where the tracks sit on the chart for May. Obviously, this is the first month that I have done this so everything is showing as a New Entry at the moment. Next month should see that column filled with the comparison to the April chart.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top