It's A Match!!!

Marc and I are absolutely thrilled to announce that we have now officially matched with a surrogate. On June 24th we sat down with the wonderful Lisa and her husband to sign the agreement paperwork. We celebrated with a rather delicious Italian meal and a bottle of Prosecco. – Would you expect any less of me?

We are both so incredibly excited for the next steps ahead of us and I also want to thank both Lisa and Darren for being such amazing human beings to be doing this for us. I will forever be in awe of all the incredibly surrogates out there and what they do to help make other families. June 24th will always be a significant date for us and will certainly be remembered as one of the milestones in our journey.

We have actually been secretly, in what was apparently the worst kept secret ever, talking to Lisa and meeting up with her and her awesome family for quite a few months now. Some of you will remember I spoke of Lisa when we first announced that we were looking to have children. Lisa and the groups she introduced us to have taught us a massive amount so I am very glad that we can finally say it is all official. She is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about surrogacy and this certainly is not her first rodeo so to speak. I think it is safe to say that we have definitely found a beautiful connection with Lisa, Darren and their children, whom I must add are insanely cool. Of course, there wouldn’t be a match otherwise.

One thing I will say is that this is the next stage in a long-term match. We do have some bits and pieces that we want to get sorted and we are taking our time and building on the match so that we can all have the very best journey. This means that we want to make sure you all know not to expect any news too soon.

I am sure that many of you will have questions you want to ask so in the coming months I will be interviewing Lisa (and hopefully Darren too) for the blog. If you do have any questions you would like to ask them, please let me know in the comments below or drop me a message through the Facebook page. I would also strongly suggest that you if you want to get to know Lisa a little better and follow the journey from her perspective, go subscribe to her YouTube channel HERE

Finally, I just want to thank everyone for all of the incredible and undeniable support we have had from those around us. It means the world to us.

In the words of one of my best friends… EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks for stopping by x

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I swear I commented on this before but not showing now. I need to spend some time reading and catching up. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any comments or anything I'm afraid, but thank you for stopping by :-)

      Delete

Back
to top