My Music Chart: June 2017


Well this month has just flown by!

After stepping back a little and thinking about what I am sharing I decided that I would add a new little feature starting from this month. This should give the chart a little bit more context with the rest of the music I've been listening to...
So this month, I have listened to 1,016 songs in total and the total play count for that was 1,269. This means the average play count for each song is 1.2. The Top 20 chart accounts for 6.9% of the music I listened to this month with a total play count of 87. Next month I will also add some variances month by month so I can see how it compares. I should note that I was away on a residential training course this past week and I didn't get to listen to a whole lot of music while I was there so the numbers were maybe a little lower than a usual month. That said, in July I am away for 2 weeks on holiday so it may be even lower...

Anyways, on to the actual Top 20 for June. You will also notice that for the tracks I am talking about I have provided links from the song title so that you can go take a listen.

This month saw a re-entry to the chart with the Kylie Minogue version of 'Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)' coming in at number 3. The highest new entry came from Sarah McLachlan. 'Full of Grace' may be one of those songs you don't realise that you actually know as it was featured in the Season 2 finale of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It is a beautiful emotive song and it was the song being in Buffy that introduced me to Sarah McLachlan many years ago.

Another top new entry this month was 'In Public' by Kelis coming it at number 5. This song comes from the album 'Tasty' which is somewhat of a go to summer anthem album. A very good friend introduced me to the album in the summer of 2004 and it has remained a particular favourite ever since with 'In Public' being one of my favourite songs on the album and made me an absolute fan of Kelis.

I'm quite happy to see another totally different genre track as a new entry this month with 'Dearly Beloved 2015'. Players of the game Kingdom Hearts will recognise this as a variant of the main theme music played solely on the piano. I have quite a few piano solo tracks and I tend to listen to them when I want some quiet and calm on the commute. Kyle Landry certain provides me that. He is an incredible pianist who I follow a lot.

My number 1 for June was 'Low' from Todrick Hall feat. RuPaul after coming in at number 2 last month. I'm still loving this track, it just makes me want to dance!

Here is how the rest of the chart shaped up for June:


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top