My Music Chart: 2017


As promised, here is the final round-up of what I was listening to throughout 2017!

I'll kick off with the statistics which I am amazed by. Since I started recording everything and calculating all the stats, I have listened to a total of 4,794 songs for a total play count of 12,479 which means the average play count of each song was 2.6 which I am little surprised by, given that the Number 1 song was played 50 times and the Number 20 track was played 27 times. I am kinda intrigued to find out how many songs were only played once, just for reference.


Obviously, I have spoken about the vast majority of these tracks since April 2017 when I started writing about the music I listen to. I thought I would have more to say but there really isn't much more I can add.

It is interesting, although not surprising, that there was only one artist who has appeared more than once in the year-end chart and that is Damien Rice. He has certainly been a frequently played artist this month with the three tracks making up 20.1% of the Top 20 Total Plays and of course, taking the number 1 spot.

The rest of the chart features a pretty good round up of the genres I tend to listen to most with only Film Scores which are notably missing. I do listen to film scores a lot but that tends to only be once through a month so they don't tend to chart. Ironically I have kicked off 2018 listening to score music a bit more where I have been feeling unwell so I expect a few of them to show up on the January 2018 chart perhaps.

Also surprising me was the fact Britney Spears didn't chart! Of all the artists that are in my library, Britney probably has the most tracks when you include her entire discography plus remixes so I would put money on her being in the final Top 20. I guess with so many of her songs, there is a lot more variation when I listen to only her meaning that her songs probably only get listened to once or twice.

So that pretty much sums it up really and all that is left is to show you the final chart for 2017:

Thanks for stopping by and here's to even more music in 2018!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top