My Disney Song Bracket


It is almost a year since the last Disney bracket challenge type thing did the rounds and you can view my answers for that one HERE. Anyways, I was minding my own business, procrastinating on twitter when this one popped up. A Disney Song Bracket. Well, if you hadn't guessed it by now, I am a huge Disney fan and so I gave it a go.

I have to point out right now though, the set up of this one actually saw a few of my favourites go out in the first round which I was most aggrieved to do. For instance, 'I-2-I' from A Goofy Movie is an awesome song and takes me back to my teens so for me, it would have also beaten out quite a few of the other sounds that made it through to the next round from other brackets. That said, it was never going to compare to 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Similarly, 'Hellfire', from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is amongst Alan Menkens absolute finest work. It is incredible. That said, it was up against 'When You Wish Upon A Star'. I mean, 'When You Wish Upon A Star' IS Disney. Not only is it the lead song from the stunning Pinocchio, but it is quite literally the companies 'logo song'! I knew almost immediately that this song was probably going to trump absolutely anything that it faced... and there you have it.

My winner is 'When You Wish Upon A Star'!

What are your thoughts? Have I completely triggered you? Would your bracket have shaped up a lot differently? Let me know in the comments below.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top