My Music Chart: February 2019


It's that time again! Here is the rundown of the music I was listening to throughout February 2019. I'll get started by looking at the statistics:


The total number of unique songs played and the total play count have taken a big leap this month and that has been because I have been listening to a lot more music at home rather than watching the TV and it shows with the Total Play Count jumping up +204%!!! The Top 20 makes up 19% of everything I listened to which has also led to the average plays per song jumping up a fair bit too.

Getting into the chart, 6 tracks from January made it back onto the chart, 6 tracks were New Entries meaning the remaining 8 had charted in a previous month.

The highest new entry (I am a little surprised it hasn't charted before) was the Britney Spears classic 'I'm A Slave 4 U' coming in at No. 3. It doesn't really need much of a description as we all know it, but it certainly ranks as one of my absolute favourite Britney tracks. Oddly, Britney also claimed the highest Re-Entry spot too, with 'Circus' coming back onto the chart at No. 7.

Another New Entry and one that is a true new release for February 2019. It was literally released on Feb 27th and I've listened to it 7 times already and landing at No. 15. It is the brand new release from Emma Bunton (of Spice Girls fame) called Baby Please Don't Stop. Bunton has always had a bit of thing for the retro, the '60s or Motown vibe and this captures that perfectly. I hope that she gains some really good chart success with it and that she continues to release more given that it's been around 13 years since the last single!


An 'unusual' new entry this month comes from an original motion picture soundtrack. 'Finding Zoltar' is a piece from the 1988 film starring Tom Hanks, 'Big'. The film always ranked highly in my childhood movies and the score fills me with nostalgia and happiness. This particular piece is from the climax of the movie when Hanks' character Josh goes on the final hunt to find the machine that turned him into an adult. It is filled with bittersweet melancholy, through to the eerie theme that is associated with the Zoltar machine and finishing with the resolution. I had been looking for this soundtrack for such a long time and I still remain in shock that it comes from the same composer who was responsible for giving the Lord of the Rings trilogy an epic score, Howard Shore. Coming in at No. 17. I would expect this or other pieces from the score to chart in future months.

Continuing with another piece from a soundtrack, 'Love, Simon' from the film of the same name, came in at No. 4. I won't say too much about it now as I am working on a write-up of the movie to publish soon but I will say that this score is stunning! It is very different from what I would usually expect and enjoy in a movie score which makes me love it all the more.

Finally, in at No. 1. this month and up 7 places from last month is 'Dangerous' by Kid Enigma & Riton. You may remember I wrote it about last month as a bit of accidental discovery from an Apple Music x Ministry of Sound advert. I just can't resist the beat and the lyrics "I'm so free, I'm so fly, I'm so fabulous, so dangerous".


I have a relatively eclectic music taste and will give anything a go at least once so I am always on the hunt for new music and new styles to explore so if you have any suggestions of songs or even artists for me to check out, feel free to let me know in the comments section below and if it makes it into the chart I'll give you a shout out.

And that is it for My Music Chart for February. The Full Top 20 is listed below:


Thanks for stopping by and reading x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top